The Communications Director has primary responsibility for ensuring the MRC’s work is getting out to both the media and the public. He or she will be tasked with coordinating the MRC’s strategic and tactical earned media operation with our PR firm and with ensuring the MRC continues to hold a leadership position among its peers in social media communication and influence. He or she will plan and execute all social media activities for multiple Media Research Center (MRC) brands spanning over 12 million Facebook fans and over 600,000 Twitter followers, with a sharp focus on growing the MRC’s reach and engagement on major social platforms and driving traffic to MRC’s web properties.
Additionally, the Communications Director is responsible for achieving all PR and marketing-related goals and for ensuring an overwhelming response to grassroots campaigns targeting liberal media bias. Where appropriate the Communications Director
Will serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Social Media Expertise – Candidate must have 2+ years of relevant experience and demonstrated success in building and growing an engaged social media audience on Twitter and Facebook and have a working knowledge of Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
- Public Relations Expertise – Candidate must have experience in the public relations field, ideally at a PR firm. Ideal candidates have the ability to execute coordinated PR and social media campaigns in a rapid response fashion.
- Informed – Candidate must have his/her finger on the pulse of the news cycle and the ability to respond rapidly to breaking stories related to the mission of the MRC.
- Data-Driven – Candidate must have a passion for tracking performance metrics, identifying areas that need attention, and coming up with plans to address them.
- Entrepreneurial – Ideally, candidate will have experience building a digital audience through multiple online communication channels. Must be creative, resourceful, proactive, and adaptive.
- Committed to Conservative Principles – Candidates must understand key conservative values and beliefs and embrace the mission of the MRC.