About the Role
The Media Research Center is seeking a Major Gift Officer to play a lead role in building and strengthening a viable development program. The officer will tailor services to ensure that donors' philanthropy goals are met, focusing on annual giving, leadership campaign gifts, and legacy giving. Responsibilities include maintaining a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects and donors (focusing activities on individuals and foundations with a gift potential of $5,000 and greater), raising a minimum of $1M in sustainable cash revenue, and planning at least one special event per quarter to recruit prospective donors. Please send resume and cover letter to Emily Froman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough and accurate understanding of MRC programs to effectively match supporters to funding needs,
- Exhibit respect for and excellent service to donors through prompt and courteous written, digital, or oral communications,
- Significant travel, managing a cost-effective fundraising budget, and expense submissions in a timely fashion are all required,
- Maintain complete and accurate donor contact records in Salesforce and other administrative tools,
- Attend staff and one-on-one meetings (in person or via Zoom) to support achieving individual performance goals and ensure appropriate collaboration toward team goals,
- Keep current with developments within the conservative movement and emerging trends in fundraising and major giving,
- Help the Growth & Development Team as needed.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Five-plus years of proven success in managing a major donor portfolio and securing five- and six-figure gifts from high-net-worth individuals
- Experience building new relationships in a large region while maintaining deadlines and attaining goals, with a record of initiative and entrepreneurialism in these efforts
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multiple levels of contact as it relates to scheduling visits, developing cultivation and solicitation strategies, and stewarding relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a genuine ability to listen to and identify the interest of donors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated level of comfort balancing work in and out of the office, as significant travel throughout the territory is expected most months of the year
- Proficiency with a constituent relations management/fundraising database; use of Salesforce preferred
- Familiarity with philanthropy and various philosophical identifications within the conservative movement
*If applying for position, only cover letter and resume are required to upload.
Job Post Date:
03rd Nov, 2023Apply Now!