About the Role
The Intern Manager manages all aspects of MRC’s Youth, Education, and Internship Program (YEIP). The ideal employee will work effectively to manage all aspects of the YEIP as well as develop and execute a plan to formalize MRC’s ability to place former interns in jobs across the conservative movement. This person must be a self-starter with the desire and vision to grow MRC’s youth education program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees day-to-day operations of MRC’s Intern and Fellowship Program, including recruiting new applicants by tabling at events, promoting the program within conservative circles, and working with broadly advertising the role
- Interview all first-round candidates and recommend to the appropriate team (NewsBusters, MRCTV, Marketing, etc.)
- Plan out intern training sessions, workshops, and guest lectures at the MRC
- Educational field trips for interns and fellows to D.C. area locations
- Manage current interns to include: Assigning seating, working with IT and supervisors to make sure their computers and software are ready, providing welcome packets, collecting intern testimonials, sending weekly schedules to supervisors, and making sure timesheets are filled out
- Outreach to conservative colleges to establish strategic relationships
- Working in conjunction with development, coordinates outreach efforts to donors to increase funding for the YEIP
- Work with Marketing to create new promotional materials for the YEIP
- Host networking events with current and former MRC interns, with the goal of placing interns in jobs across the conservative movement
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelor Degree preferred, plus 2-5 years of directly relevant work experience strongly preferred.
- Commitment to Conservative Principles – Candidates must be a dedicated conservative with a passion for media bias and free speech. They must understand key conservative values and embrace the mission of the MRC
- Experience in the Conservative Movement - Candidates must have a basic understanding of and dedication to the conservative movement - networking events, key players, and key allies
- Self-Starter Ready to Run the Internship Program - Candidates should be prepared to manage a year-round internship program with seasonal internships and to develop events and trainings for all interns and fellows.
- Self-starter and motivated
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Organized, attention to detail
- High integrity/trustworthy
- Innovative and creative
- Timely and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Thorough understanding of working in both internal and external teams
- Solid writing skills
- Project management skills
- Database management
Job Post Date:
23rd Jan, 2024
Job Start Date:
01st Feb, 2024Apply Now!