Special Report: Columbia University
Table of Contents:
- Special Report: Columbia University
- Full Report
- More Than Two-Thirds of Full-Time Professors Work for Liberal Outlets
- Adjunct Faculty: Even More Left-wing Writers
- Only Praise for Terror-friendly, Anti-U.S. Al Jazeera English
- Liberal Leaders for the School: Lee Bollinger and Steve Coll
- Even Student Publications Are Biased
- The Liberal-leaning Columbia Journalism Review
- Guest lecturers: From liberal bloggers to third world dictators
- Columbia’s Bias Reflects Its Liberal Funding
- The Influence of Columbia Journalism Graduates is Extensive
Forty Percent (51 out of 127) of the adjunct faculty also work at left-wing news outlets and organizations. These include Kristen Lombardi, who wrote several pieces for the liberal Center for Public Integrity on how the fossil fuel industry was killing the environment; Charles Ornstein, who frequently writes for ProPublica about the benefits of socialized medicine and Obamacare; and Betsy Rate who produced several anti-George W. Bush videos for Bill Moyers.
Bill Moyers has repeatedly used his government-funded platform to promote a liberal agenda, including calling the NRA “venomous enablers of death,” and promoting a liberal “voting guide” for the 2012 election, which basically consisted of a series of articles on why readers should vote for Obama.
ProPublica stories are thoroughly researched by top-notch staffers who used to work at some of the biggest news outlets in the nation, but the topics are almost laughably left-wing. The site's proud list of “Our Investigations” includes attacks on oil companies, gas companies, the health care industry, for-profit schools and more. More than 100 stories are on the latest liberal obsession: opposition to drilling for natural gas by hydraulic fracking. Another 100 are on the evils of the foreclosure industry.
Conservative author David Horowitz noted in an article for the National Review on April 2, 2013, that over the past several decades, most the professional schools at Columbia have “reverted back to their religious origins, except that the doctrines being rammed down students’ throats without the benefit of opposing views are Marxist rather than Christian.”