Benghazi Blackout: How the Big Three Networks Have Censored or Spun Obama's Deadly Foreign Policy Failure
Table of Contents:
- Benghazi Blackout: How the Big Three Networks Have Censored or Spun Obama's Deadly Foreign Policy Failure
- Hillary's 'What Difference at This Point Does It Make?' Hearing Performance Praised
- Panetta Testimony Reveals Obama Was Disengaged During Benghazi, ABC Ignores
- Blistering House Report Places Blame for Benghazi on Obama and Clinton, NBC and ABC Ignore
- Whistleblower: Special Forces Could’ve Responded to Benghazi Attack, Networks Bypass
- Benghazi Whistleblowers Being Threatened, Networks Refuse to Report
- Gregory Hicks Testimony Exposes Obama Administration Cover-Up, Networks Grant Story Only Five Days of Coverage
- E-Mails Prove Obama Administration Scrubbed CIA Talking Points on Benghazi, Networks Report Then Quickly Move On
- Obama Picks Benghazi Scandal Figure Susan Rice to Be National Security Adviser, Networks Yawn
- ABC, CBS and NBC Ignore More Reports about Benghazi Witness Intimidation
- State Department Employees Disciplined Over Benghazi Go Back to Work, Only CBS Reports
- Benghazi Investigative Team Being Pulled Out, Networks Don’t Notice
- Book Claims State Department Was Told Benghazi was a ‘Terrorist Attack’ Minutes After It Started, Only CBS Reports
By early June, the media climate surrounding the Benghazi scandal was so friendly Barack Obama felt secure in selecting Susan Rice to be his new national security advisor, despite Rice being at the center of controversy in the early days after the attack. Her nomination only brought a handful of mentions (NBC 5, CBS 3, ABC 1) to her role in the Benghazi cover-up.
On the June 5 NBC Nightly News Chuck Todd mentioned: “Rice was at the center of the Benghazi firestorm, as Republicans tried to make her the fall-woman for the President” but Todd never clarified that the “firestorm” was the result of Rice making false statements about Benghazi. On the June 6 Today show, Todd’s colleague Andrea Mitchell went as far to assert: “Rice was the President’s first line of defense after the September 11th Benghazi attacks. But back then those CIA talking points cost her the nomination to be Secretary of State,” then added “but the recent release of all the talking points e-mails vindicated Rice,” even though those e-mails actually showed how involved the White House and State Department were in scrubbing the original CIA talking points.
On the June 5 edition of ABC’s World News Diane Sawyer briefly mentioned: “Rice was at the center of that firestorm from Republicans after the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.” CBS’s Major Garrett, on the June 5 Evening News, also just briefly mentioned her role in Benghazi, but at least ran a sound bite of Rice’s false statements on the attack in the following excerpt:
GARRETT: Susan Rice was battered for her televised description of the deadly September 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi.
SUSAN RICE: We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.
GARRETT: Republicans were furious she did not call it a terrorist attack and their opposition led Mr. Obama to nominate John Kerry over Rice as secretary of state.
Total Big Three Network stories/briefs: 0