Staff Writer/Researcher - Free Speech America
The Media Research Center is seeking a Researcher/Writer for its Free Speech America Department. Candidate will monitor social media censorship of conservatives on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google, and other companies with a user base. Maintain CensorTrack database of all instances of censorship and a program to help analyze the problems with the rest of the research team. Provide stories on issues to the Web site. Research and report trends that affect conservatives in social media and tech. Assist in doing research for internal policy analysis.
Please send resume, cover letter and writing samples to: Vice President for Free Speech America and Business Dan Gainor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MRC has no vaccine mandate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter data into the database.
- Help check other database data for accuracy.
- Provide periodic content to NewsBusters.org.
- Monitor social media outlets – generally Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Instagram, and others — for bias against conservatives and for major tech statements impacting the right. Maintain a presence on the platform.
- Create relationships with representatives and executives for tech companies. Analyze all sides of a censorship story. Intervene when necessary.
- Interact with representatives from tech companies to gain a better understanding of tech policy.
- Build a reliable list of contacts for authoritative commentary on dailies and projects.
Required Experience & Education:
- Journalism training or journalism experience
- 4-year college degree
- 0-1 years professional experience
- Database experience
Performance & Success Metrics:
- Strong news judgment. Find stories of interest to the department.
- Must have a strong understanding of social media and tech/tech policy – Facebook, Google, YouTube, Twitter and more.
- Must be an active user of social media. More than one social media presence required.
Job Post Date:
15th Sep, 2021
Free Speech America