MRC Donor Events Program
The Media Research Center relies on a broad base of donor support to fuel our operations, and our Donor Events program is essential to that effort. In recognition of its importance and the desire to enhance constituent service, the MRC is seeking an Events Associate to help plan, organize, and execute development events that promote cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of donors in support of the MRC’s annual fundraising goals.
- Coordinates activities related to planning, scheduling and executing all fund raising and donor cultivation events initiated by the Development Department.
- Assist with execution of numerous development events annually, ranging from high-touch stewardship events for donors, to an Annual Meeting of MRC’s Major Donors, Founder’s Night, regional meetings and dinners, and solicitation events.
- Assist with planning the MRC Cruise and other high profile events.
- Prepares invitation lists and works with front line fundraising staff to ensure accuracy and correct composition of lists.
- Collaborates with gift officers, Marketing, Graphic Design, and Digital Communications in the production of written and visual materials in connection with events, including but not limited to: letters, proposals, programs, invitations, commemorative journals, brochures, press releases, newsletter articles and video content.
- Assist with all on-site logistics on event day, including set up and breakdown; liaisons with Major Gift Officers and MRC Leadership to ensure the speaking program and logistics run smoothly.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Vice President of Development to write clear, well-written briefing reports to stakeholders.
A successful Events Associate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, philosophical identification with the conservative movement, genuine concern for the needs and interests of donors, and excellent customer service to all internal and external constituencies. He/she will contribute to building meaningful relationships between donors and the MRC and holds the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least two years of event management experience, preferably in a professional, non-profit management fundraising operation.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, a commitment to excellence in customer service and follow-through in all tasks, including the preparation of briefing reports and post-event evaluations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to speak confidently with stakeholders, including vendors, event attendees, donors, gift officers, and organizational leadership.
- Demonstrated maturity, teamwork and collaboration with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and a CRM database system (Salesforce preferred)
For consideration, please email cover letter and resumé to Michael A. Catell, Assistant Vice President of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.