Midwest Philanthropic Advisor
Midwest Philanthropic Advisor
Media Research Center
See Listing at https://talentmarket.org/mrcpa/
About the Organization
Biased, agenda-driven news and information are misleading people and driving division in the United States. The Media Research Center (MRC), a conservative nonprofit, has been studying and documenting media bias in newscasts since 1987 and works diligently to provide reliable, fact-driven information about the media because the American people deserve to be told the truth. In addition, the MRC is leading the fight to expose tech firm activities that suppress speech and lead a movement to force tech firms to uphold the principles of free speech.
The MRC fights media bias and social media censorship through our News Analysis Division, including NewsBusters, MRC Latino, MRC Business, and MRC Culture; an online news source, CNSNews.com; video commentary and analysis at MRCtv.org; and a comprehensive program to fight online censorship, Free Speech America. Our work is bolstered by a powerful marketing apparatus that generated over 449.6 million impressions each week in 2020.
About the Role
The Media Research Center is seeking an experienced frontline fundraiser to foster, maintain, and cultivate relationships with existing donors while identifying new donors in the Midwest region of the United States. This region includes the states of OH, IN, MI, IL, WI, MN, IA, MO, NE, KS. A strong candidate will be conversant with conservative principles and able to connect meaningfully with donors. The ideal candidate is an out-of-the-box thinker who will demonstrate initiative and develop creative solutions to expand philanthropic opportunities for the MRC and its donors.
This role will report to the Vice President of Philanthropy. While it is strongly preferred that this candidate will live in the midwest, The MRC is open to candidates who live outside that region. The MRC offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package, including significant bonus potential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Focusing on the Midwest states, you will
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 major donors, family foundations, and prospects that can make high five-to six-figure gifts.
- Implement Moves Management strategies to strengthen philanthropic relationships, identify new donors, and generate major gifts and pledges.
- Raise a minimum of $1M in sustainable cash revenue, growing your portfolio in subsequent years.
- Discuss planned giving options with donors to help facilitate the implementation of their legacy gift plans.
- Implement stewardship strategies that achieve or exceed 75% portfolio retention year over year.
- Plan and conduct a minimum of one special event per quarter within the midwest to cultivate relationships with existing donors and identify prospective donors.
- Maintain a thorough and accurate understanding of MRC programs to effectively match supporters to funding needs.
- Exhibit respect for and provide excellent service to donors through prompt and courteous written, digital, or oral communications.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of donor contact in Salesforce and other administrative tools.
- Collaborate with MRC co-workers, including program and administrative staff.
Remain aware of developments within the conservative movement and emerging trends in fundraising and major giving.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Significant travel is required -- 30% to 50% of most months
- Five-plus years of proven success in managing a major donor portfolio and securing five- and six-figure gifts
- Experience building new relationships within the assigned region while maintaining deadlines and attaining goals, with a record of initiative and entrepreneurialism
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to successfully manage multiple levels of contact as it relates to scheduling visits, developing cultivation and solicitation strategies, and stewarding relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a genuine ability to listen to and identify the interest of donors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable balancing work in and out of the office, given the significant travel expected most months of the year for this position
- Proficiency with a customer relationship management/fundraising database; use of Salesforce preferred
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover letter, which should detail your interest in this role and advancing the mission of MRC, as well as your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Job Post Date:
8th Jul, 2021