Donor Relations Coordinator
The Donor Relations Coordinator (DRC) develops and executes effective communication between the MRC Philanthropy Team and major-level donors and assists in managing the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the Vice-Presidents of Philanthropy and Development by setting and monitoring schedules, organizing the incoming flow of work, prioritizing requests, maintaining a monitoring system, following up to ensure timely responses; and providing logistical support.
The Donor Relations Coordinator supports the Philanthropy Team through communication efforts with major donors, trip scheduling and execution, proposal development and follow-up, and ensuring that donors are appropriately acknowledged, continuously stewarded, and thanked for their generosity.
Additionally, the Donor Relations Coordinator executes the Donor Engagement Plan, which includes managing a portfolio of 500-700 mid-range donors, reviewing and revising donor caseloads, overseeing fundraising and outreach, implementing fundraising initiatives to increase revenue and donor retention, maintaining the critical pipeline to major gift officer portfolios, and qualifying donors for movement from mid-level to major donor portfolios or planned giving prospects.
Compensation and benefits are competitive.
For more information or to apply for the position, please send inquiries to Alyssa Miconi at email@example.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Composes weekly senior staff reports and agenda for the Philanthropy team.
- Conducts mailing between the Board of Directors and top supporters.
- Supervises Philanthropy Interns and sets up and maintains coursework and daily tasks.
- Assists Director of Events with major donor events.
- Schedules meetings for the VP of Development and assists with stats and tracking, gift acknowledgments, and comment mail.
- Edit and proofread appeals, letters, and emails for major donor communication
- Covers phones and front desk as needed.
- Conduct research for strategic documents for donor meetings with MRC President and Philanthropic Advisors.
- Provide timely, meaningful, and motivating acknowledgement letters for mid-range donors, and in special circumstances, call mid-range donors by phone to thank them.
- Execute and help develop a dynamic stewardship calendar with various written materials, including cards, postcards, and special mailings or emails highlighting donor investments in the MRC mission and providing a steady and positive message of gratitude.
- Provide customer service and assistance to donors on the phone and via email, maintaining professional demeanor at all times.
Required Experience & Education:
- BA/BS degree. Minimum one year of experience in a non-profit fundraising environment, preferred.
- Solid writing experience, specifically for donor audiences, preferred
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills, required.
- Ability to work independently while providing strong accountability and ongoing progress reports to the team members.
- Must maintain confidentiality and be able to deal with highly confidential donor material without compromise
- Commitment to the mission of the Media Research Center
Job Post Date:
22nd Nov, 2022