The video division of the Media Research Center, a conservative media watchdog, needs an on camera host with video production skills. This person should have a grasp of current political and conservative cultural issues, basic non-linear editing and camera use.
This full-time opportunity requires script writing ability, basic knowledge of Adobe or Final Cut X, and the confidence and knowledge to talk about issues of interest to conservatives on camera.
Please send cover letter, resume and links to demo reel and writing samples to: Director of MRCTV, Eric Scheiner escheiner@ mrctv.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, produce, and edit video shoots.
- Operate a variety of audio/video equipment such as HD broadcast video cameras, audio board, lighting and microphones to ensure both aesthetic and technical production quality.
- Host video and conduct interviews on camera.
- Create graphics to be incorporated to the video productions.
- Generate scripts for video productions.
- Demonstrate familiarity with political and economic issues.
- Produce finished videos and blogs on deadline.
- Operate studio equipment for broadcasts/interviews .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in FCP or Adobe Premiere non-linear editing systems.
- Experience with Photoshop and After Effects.
- Familiarity with HD video cameras and studios.
- Knowledge of basic lighting and technical camera framing.
- Basic understanding of operation of audio/studio equipment.