Reports to the Philanthropic Advisor and assists in managing the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the Vice-President (VP) by setting and monitoring schedule, organizing the incoming flow of work, prioritizing requests, maintaining a monitoring system, and following-up to ensure timely responses; and provide logistical support.
This position also supports the philanthropy department to implement the Moves Management System by making major donor contact, trip scheduling and execution, proposal development, and follow-up; processes gifts, records statistical information for tracking purposes; generates gift acknowledgments;
prepares Cash Flow updates and campaign-related reports for analysis purposes; and handles special projects when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have incredible attention to detail, basic experience with research and writing, and a desire to learn about fundraising from the ground up in a fast-paced environment.
Please send resume, cover letter to Vice President of Philanthropy, Scott Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Assist VP with strategically planning trips and meetings, and the preparation of materials/itineraries for such travel
• Assist VP with donor requests, proposals, etc.
• Process daily donations, maintain Stats & Tracking sheet, produce Cash Flow update reports, and campaign reports, as necessary
• Respond to comment mail from donors
• Edit and proofread department memos, proposals, and letters for mailings • Receive and distribute the department mail
• Assist with mass mailings to major donors and prospects
• Assist with the maintenance of development master and trip calendars
• Produce major donor gift correspondence
• Complete and process matching gift forms and applications
• Assist with the preparation of development board reports
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum two years professional experience
• Strong communication and organization skills; acute attention to detail • Must be able to prioritize and multitask
• Ability to learn quickly
• Editing and proofreading skills
• Attention to detail for use while entering donations into Salesforce, keeping statistics, creating memos, reports, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel
• Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
• Works well with people; understands and appropriately prioritizes internal customer (staff) and external customer (donor) needs