Bozell Joins 80+ Conservative Leaders in Signing "The Mount Vernon Statement" to Define Conservative Principles, Beliefs and Values
The proceedings, led by former U.S. Attorney General Ed Meese, will set a clear vision for Americans and lay out the need for Constitutional Conservatism in light of the changes that have taken place under the Obama administration. The ceremony will be held at the Collingwood Estate, part of the original land that was the home of President George Washington. Brent Bozell released the following statement regarding today's events:
"If there is a silver lining to the policies the Obama administration has tried to shove down the throats of Americans, it's that more and more of them don't want any part of it.
"Conservatives are in an excellent position to make the case for Constitutional Conservatism. It's only taken one year for Americans to see that nothing good comes from Big Government and radically liberal policies, especially at a time when our nation needs economic growth and family values.
"The Mount Vernon Statement solidifies the conservative movement as vibrant and energized, ready to lead America into a renewed era of liberty and self government. Conservatives must reinstitute the great principles that defined us by our nation's founders. Conservatives must work to fight the radical agenda that threatens our jobs, our security, our values and our security. And conservatives must do it together."
The signing ceremony will be held Wednesday at Mount Vernon.
More information can be found here: http://www.themountvernonstatement.com/
Other notable signatories include:
- Edwin Feulner, president of the Heritage Foundation
- Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council
- Becky Norton Dunlop, president of the Council for National Policy
- Alfred Regnery, publisher of the American Spectator
- David Keene, president of the American Conservative Union
- Wendy Wright, president of Concerned Women for America
- David McIntosh, co-founder of the Federalist Society
- T. Kenneth Cribb, former domestic policy adviser to President Reagan
- Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform
- William Wilson, President, Americans for Limited Government
- Elaine Donnelly, Center for Military Readiness
- Kenneth Blackwell, Coalition for a Conservative Majority
- Colin Hanna, President, Let Freedom Ring
- Kathryn J. Lopez, National Review