Bozell: Fox News Channel Winning in Quantity...And Now Quality
Alexandria, VA - Media Research Center President Brent Bozell responded to the new nationwide survey confirming that Americans overwhelmingly trust the Fox News Channel more than any other network:
"The proof is in the pudding. Americans want balanced news, not liberal advocacy. Fox offered them 'fair and balanced' journalism, and America has embraced them.
"In terms of quantity, Fox has been pulling the highest numbers for quite some time. Take Election Night coverage of the Massachusetts Senate race. Sean Hannity with nearly 7 million viewers had more than 5 times the viewership of MSNBC's Rachel Maddow when the Brown victory was announced.
"Now comes the quality meter, the new polling data showing that Fox News is also the most trusted name in news. In fact, no one comes close. Fox is trusted a staggering 10 percentage points above any other network. And it is the only network to earn more trust (49%) than distrust (37%) among those polled.
"Liberal politicians and liberal journalists who regularly bash Fox News need to realize it is THEY who are completely out of touch with the American people. The bottom line is that Americans now trust Fox far more than any other network. Liberal bias has come back to bite the networks where it hurts.
"Congratulations, Fox News. You've earned America's trust."
The poll was conducted by the Public Policy Polling between January 18 - 19 and found that among the 1,151 registered voters they surveyed, Fox crushed the other networks in trust:
• 49% said they trusted the Fox New Channel - 10 percentage points more than any other network
• 39% said they trusted CNN
• 35% said they trusted NBC and sister cable network MSNBC
• 32% said they trusted CBS
• 31% said they trusted ABC
Fox News is also the only network to be trusted more than distrusted:
• Both ABC and CBS was not trusted by 46% of those surveyed
• And NBC/MSNBC was not trusted by 44%
• Only 37% said they did not trust Fox - the lowest level of distrust among all the networks recorded