The Twenty-Fifth Annual Awards for the Year's Worst Reporting
- Best of NQ 2012 Home
- The Throwing Granny Off a Cliff Award for Portraying Romney and Ryan as Heartless
- The Obamagasm Award
- The "Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste" Award for Exploiting Tragedy to Promote Liberalism
- The Sandra Fluke Award for Promoting Obama's Phony “War on Women”
- The Ku Klux Con Job Award for Smearing Conservatives with Phony Racism Charges
- The Politics of Personal Destruction Award for Ripping Romney
- Damn Those Conservatives Award
- Let Us Fluff Your Pillow Award for Obsequious Obama Interviews
- The True But False Award for Fatuous Fact Checking
- The Move Along, Nothing to See Here Award for Burying Obama’s Benghazi Scandal
- The Media Hero Award
- The Audacity of Dopes Award for the Wackiest Analysis of the Year
- MSNBC = Mean-Spirited, Nasty, Belligerent Chris Award
- Good Morning Morons Award
- The Denying the Obvious Award for Refusing to Acknowledge Liberal Bias
- The Barbra Streisand Political IQ Award for Celebrity Vapidity
- Quote of the Year
- 2012 NQ Judges
In addition to discussions on numerous radio talk shows where hosts cited quotes or interviewed MRC representatives, the Best of NQ Awards issue has been highlighted by these outlets:
- FNC's Hannity on December 17 played several clips with MRC President Brent Bozell as a guest to offer comment. Video
- FNC's Fox NewsWatch on December 29 highlighted the winners in two categories. Video
- Washington Examiner, "Washington Secrets" by Paul Bedard on December 18: "Mainstream scream of year: MSNBC Harris-Perry host slaps July 4th"
- Washington Times, "Inside the Beltway" by Jennifer Harper on December 18: "Eternal Gas Bag"
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, column by L. Brent Bozell III on December 23: "Media’s most notorious quotes for 2012"
- Denver Post, column by Mike Rosen on December 27: "Another year of liberal media bias"
- Waterbury (CT) Republican-American, January 1, 2013 editorial: "Chronicles of Bias XXV"
- World magazine, by Marvin Olasky on November 30: "Silver anniversary of bias watching"
- World magazine, by Marvin Olasky on December 1: "Getting it wrong"
- The American Spectator, by Quin Hillyer December 4 on Spectator.org: "Poisoned Pens, Poisoned Lenses: The Establishment media’s sickness unto death"
- Watchdog.org, by Patrick B. McGuigan on December 17: "Notable Quotables analysis documents legacy media bias"
- PowerLine blog, by John Hinderaker on December 17: "Most Outrageous Reporting of 2012"
The Barbra Streisand Political IQ Award
for Celebrity Vapidity
Jamie Foxx (66 points)
“First of all, give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama!”
— Actor Jamie Foxx during the Soul Train Awards, November 25 on BET. [MP3 Audio]
Cher (54 points)
“If ROMNEY gets elected I don’t know if i can breathe same air as Him & his Right Wing Racist Homophobic Women Hating Tea Bagger Masters”
— Actress/singer Cher in a May 8 Twitter posting that was later deleted (grammar and punctuation as in the original).
Barbra Streisand (43 points)
“Compared to George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, Obama has been more fiscally conservative than any other president in recent history, with the exception of President Bill Clinton.”
— Singer/actress/liberal activist Barbra Streisand writing on The Huffington Post under a heading that read “Here are truths they will try to bury,” September 18.
David Letterman (31 points)
“The day after the 9/11 attacks, the number one priority in America, if not the world, was we’ve got to get bin Laden, we’ve got to get bin Laden. So eight years go by, we still haven’t got bin Laden. George W. Bush at one point said, well, he doesn’t really think too much about bin Laden. In the interim, we invaded Afghanistan, then we invaded Iraq because Cheney wanted to help out his buddies at Brown and Root and Halliburton….and grab up all the oil. I think that they went soft on the project because they were worried about upsetting their Saudi Arabian royalty buddies. So now Osama bin Laden finally is gunned down by Barack Obama, displaying great courage and great intelligence. What more do you want to lead your country than that kind of courage and that kind of intelligence?”
— Host David Letterman to NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams on the May 15 CBS Late Show. [MP3 Audio]